Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 16 "POSITIVITY"

This week, I'd like to focus on the principle of being positive.  All around us, there is a lot of negative crap going on.  There are mean people, hard times, difficult problems we don't know the answer to, and a whole bunch of other things that we can say, "why try?" why am I still going when there are a million reasons to quit and just stop.  Because we can't; God has given us this life to learn and progress, and the thing we need to learn to never do it give up; never stop and never give up because in all honesty, our lives are too blessed to quit. I feel like you'll get what you're looking for in this life.  If you look for the positive you'll see the positive, and on the contrary those who look for negative will get that as well.  

me in front of the belltower
On my mission, I have had times where I feel so lost and confused, like I've tried all the solutions out there and I'm still not seeing results.  I am learning that there are times that although we don't know why we go through the ringer sometimes, through everything, God knows each one of us individually, He loves us more than we know, and like Matthew 7:9-11 says, God knows how to give us the best gifts. 

me and a bunch of kids playing basketball!
So in whatever circumstance we are in, be happy for the circumstance or situation that our Heavenly Father has put me in.  Oh, man, do I have a lot of work to do in this regard. I want to completely trust in Heavenly Father so much, I want to be the best missionary and I know that I have a lot of work to do.  The hardest thing to do though, is keep progressing constantly, in all the little ways.  I really feel that it's through all the little acts of faith that we'll do our best.  If I keep a positive attitude and take small steps of faith every day I can get to the level where God wants me to get to.  
   
District meeting
We have had a great week, I felt really proud of all my efforts, and I am really greatful to be, exactly where the Lord needs me, in LILLE.  We have a new ami D. and he has committed to be baptized.  Also we went to the Bell Tower which is 340 feet high, but it is closed on monday, NOO!  But there are some awesome things that happened this week too! We took cool pictures in front of the Bell Tower and I absolutely love soccer every week! Autumn is awesome, the leaves are changing, I got some mad stomach cramp on sunday morning, but it was okay.  Also, we had such a cool ward conference with activities and games and yeah. It's awesome.  Keep looking for positive, growing your faith, and just being a good person every day!
Love everyone!
Elder Jamison Jones
Beaux Arts Museum; it's so COOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment